Friday, February 22, 2013

Week One






For my first series of photos for my concentration series, I photographed my brothers and cousins when we went out on a boat on the Columbia River to an island. Since it is Februaury, it was very cold but the sun came out and gave the images a wintry glow. The pictures appear to be cold because of the muted light. The contrast between the happy children and the muted light creates interest through contrast in the photos. In the photos of kids, I was trying to convey the idea that their strong but simple friendships can enable them to have fun together in a harsh setting. The pictures of my uncle and brother show how knowledge and wisdom can be passed down though generations.

3 comments:

  1. Nice start to your concentration. I think the first two photos and the image of the girls with their backs to eachother are the strongest in terms of design. The composition tells a story. The rest of the photos feel more like family snapshots than work about your own ideas. Are you planning to do photostories with close ups as well? I was hoping to see you do some of your more advanced photo shop skills such as layering in your series. You are an excellent photographer and advanced thinker, so I hope to see you challenge yourself more in your future images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your concentration theme. I think it's really insightful and will make up an interesting photo series. The lighting in the picture with the children in the boat is great. The reflections cast on the water look spectacular. I also like all of the gorgeous landscapes in your pictures. They do a nice job of reminding me of home and family in the gorge.

    ReplyDelete